SC - Info on Spain

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Nov 18 22:21:13 PST 1998

Shari asked:

>  a response to this would actually help me greatly.  My younger sister would
> like a Spanish persona, more of an earlier period between 1000-1200, but I
> have
> a hard time finding reading materials on Spain in that time period that
> would
> not go over her head (she is 15) because of the PhD work behind them.  Can
> anyone recommend books, articles, etc, especially on living, that she could
> use.  i have heard some discussion on cookbooks that actually cross
> reference
> customs on this list, and since remembering that Spain was partially
> islamic,
> wondered about where to take a look?

I'm not sure that I have that much in the Florilegium, particularly on that
time period, but some of the referances mentioned in my files might be of
use. I'm afraid there isn't all that much here, but I haven't seen that
many discussions of Spain on the Rialto or maillists through the years.

cl-Moorish-msg    (14K) 10/ 4/95    Clothing of the Moors and Arabs.
cl-Spain-msg      (14K)  9/29/98    Clothing of Medieval Spain.
Spain-msg         (13K)  3/30/98    Medieval Spain. Info. sources.
fd-Spain-msg      (13K) 11/11/98    Food of medieval Spain. Cookbooks.

These are in the CLOTHING, CULTURES and FOOD sections. My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net