SC - Pomegranite Chicken

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Tue Oct 13 21:06:18 PDT 1998

Philippa Alderton wrote:

> Actually, I think he started out with a magical sword, the sword in the
> stone, which got lost or had to be returned , and then was gifted with
> Excaliber by the Lady of the Lake, at which point Merlin asked his famous
> question about which Arthur would prefer, the sword or the scabbard. Arthur
> said the sword, which was magically sharp, at which point Merlin held forth
> on the virtues of the scabbard.
>
> Phlip

As I recall, one source says the sword from the stone is called Sequence, and
ends up given to the Archbishop of Canterbury. Others seem to assume the sword
from the stone is the one broken in Arthur's fight with King Pellinore, before
Excalibur shows up on the scene.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy