Haggis and lamb tummies was Re: SC - More lamb

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 19 07:23:26 PDT 1998

> <flame type="speling">
> Do you refer to the heart or to a deer?
> </flame>

Hey, don't make fun of the spelling impared!

> > out the side is too much for this city girl.  Yucky.
>
> Wimp. Anyway, the trachea is mostly connective tissue and cartilage, and
> thus rather meanlingless in food. Cut them off (your local cats and dogs
> will love you for it), and use the rest. Or make stock from it.

The point (as far as I can tell) of hanging the tracea out of the pot is to
let gases escape from the lungs and in doing so prevent it from exploding.
That would really be gross!  The receipes that I have found tell you to
discard it after the cooking is complete..

Alys D.