SC - OT: Louisana's Loose Liquour Laws

Varju@aol.com Varju at aol.com
Thu Oct 22 11:07:29 PDT 1998

Christianna said...
	Ok, I'm going to admit to my current breakfast passion:
Philadelphia
	Soft Spread Cream Cheese, *Cheesecake* flavor, spread on toast,
topped
	with Lemon Curd.  Oh, my God.
	I have seen this stuff before done up in tart shells, and now I know
what
	to call it.  What's so bad about adding food coloring?  The MA cooks
	would have used parsley juice for the same reason.  I wonder what
that
	would do to the taste?

I am not fond of adding anything that doesn't affect the flavour of a dish.
I agree that esthetics are vastly important, but am leery of anything that I
have to break into syllables to pronounce when I am reading ingreds. OTOH,
it could be that I have been around since the days of the No.1 (?) Red Dye
thingy and was taught that food dyes were a bad thing.

Btw, your breakfast passion sounds pretty good. I have a bagel with cream
cheese and strawberry jam every morning Monday to Friday here at work. Kinda
like comfort food.

Micaylah