SC - Modern sanitary concerns... bah ;)

Gedney, Jeff gedje01 at mail.cai.com
Fri Oct 23 10:42:29 PDT 1998

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Tara Sersen wrote:

> Forgive me for being clueless (ask Ras - it's a normal state of being
> for me ;) but, what exactly is golden syrup?  I assume it's a sugar
> syrup of some sort, but what is significant about it?
>
> Magdalena

I had to find out about golden syrup to make some New Zealand cookie
recipes.  It's common as mud in any Commonwealth grocery store, but
generally not imported into the US.  You can easily get it in a store that
does British imports (even Colorado Springs has one!) and you can pick up
some Cadbury chocolates at the same time.  Sometimes you can get it in the
imports section of a large grocery store, but they often seem to
concentrate on asian and hispanic fare.

YOu can substitute Karo (dark) if you absolutely have to - or even a half
and half mix of Karo and Log Cabin - but it is just not the same flavor.

Elaina