SC - Potato Soup-OT-OOP

grasse at mscd.edu grasse at mscd.edu
Tue Oct 20 10:49:18 PDT 1998

My personal version is made without the butter (we get decadent in the
garnishes), celery (allergy) and instead of onion I make it  with leek (2-3
medium) well cleaned, pale parts coarsely chopped (dark leaves left whole
and removed after cooking but before processing/blending/liquedizing - they
add flavor.) And seasoned with LOTS of marjoram.  I serve with all sorts of
optional "garnishes"  (crumbled bacon, chopped scallion, caramelized onion,
cheese (your choice - cheddar, Swiss, parmesan), sour cream, sausage slices,
...) and bread.   Made this last night in fact - from leftovers (except
the leek) and got rave reviews - even from the unexpected (but very
welcome) last minute guest.

Gwen
Caerthe