SC - July Tavern event.

bagbane at ix12.ix.netcom.com bagbane at ix12.ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 22 15:45:25 PDT 1998

Hello, it's me Badger,
I have volunteered to take over the lunch part of an event in July in
for my shire. I plan to do an a-la carte tavern. I would like to keep
costs down as much as possible while having a large veriety of
munchies available. I would like suggestions of 'period' preserved
foods that I will be able to take to war the next month. I will be
fronting costs out of my own pocket since I'll be taking the left
overs with me. Do any of you have any suggestions on what they would
like to see that is 'portable' for an event and would like to have
some feedback on how the recipie turned out? Beleive it or not Dame
Alyse and Phlip, I'll be going forward with the foods and not find a
mundane recipie and try to work it backwards into period ( ie.
Pickled Eggs, just how period are they? ) I have 'till January to
come up with a list of foods. I'm open to any suggestions and have
access to 99% ingredients in the world ( I know where ALL the ethnic
grocery stores are in Cleveland! :-) ).

Badger