SC - Sauerkraut redaction-recipe

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Oct 10 21:19:34 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/10/98 10:45:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vjarmstrong at aristotle.net writes:

<<  Chopped sauerkraut is also not bad when it is boiled, so one
 prepares it with sour cream and butter.

 I know those are pretty short on detailed instructions, but they're the
 first sauerkraut recipes that I've noticed.

 Valoise

Seems like some detail. Thanks Let's see what I can do with the above recipe:

saures Kraut mit saurem Raum und Butter (Sauerkraut with Sour Cream and
Butter)

1 lb sauerkraut, rinsed well and drained
1/2 stick butter
1 cup sour cream

Put sauerkraut in a medium pan. Add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cover pan
with a tight fitting lid. Reduce heat to simmer and continue cooking for 20
mins. Reserving liquid, drain kraut.

Return kraut to pan. Add 1/2 the reserved liquid. On low heat, add butter in
small chunks stirring after each addition until melted. Repeat until all the
butter has been incorporated into the kraut. Mix sour cream into buttered
kraut. Immediately remove from heat and serve.

Ras