SC - Marjoram cookies

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Oct 8 12:28:23 PDT 1998

> 	I don't care if they are period or not, I want the Marjoram Cookie recipe!
> ;-) Hadn't thought of marjoram in a sweet dish before, but mulling it over I
> think I'd like it. Basil cookies are almost standard these days, and I love
> Rosemary/Raisin combinations, now I've got another idea to play
> with............ (G)
>
> 		Ldy Diana, herb fanatic..........

I have the recipe on my database at home. From what I can remember they are called
"Fish Cookies" because they are made a bit like fig newtons. The filling consists
of raisins, currants, dates, various herbs, etc... and then sweet dough or sugar
cookie dough is cut into fish shapes, the filling is placed on one and another is
placed over that making a three-dimensional fish shaped cookie filled with the
mixture.

They really are very tasty and I'm not a big raisin fan. I couldn't get the dough
to cooperate so I wound up just mixing the lot together and making flat cookies.

Yers,

Gunthar