SC - Re: Period Feasts

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Oct 15 14:04:28 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/14/98 8:59:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
licarey at com1.med.usf.edu writes:

<< I am beginning to do research for a Nov.'99 feast, and was wondering if
 it would be "acceptable" to do a sort of "tour" through time.  By this I
 mean to take a period dish from several different time periods, or
 countries, and incorporate them into the feast.  Has this ever been
 done?  Would it be acceptable or a no-no?  >>

I think it probably gets done on a regular basis, and I'd far rather see that
than a feast made up of primarily non-period foods.  I'm fairly new to the job
of head cook; right now I'm happy if I can keep everything documentably
period, and it all tends to be European as I'm just not interested in Middle
Eastern cookery to any extent.  But I'll worry about putting together a feast
from one country and one century when I get the mechanics of doing the feast
at all down a little better.

Brangwayna