SC - book advise

WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 05:24:10 PDT 1998

In a message dated 98-10-13 21:21:41 EDT, Gwyneth wrote:

<< I get to pick one cookbook for my birthday coming up.  I am torn between
 "The Medieval Kitchen"-Redon and "Take a Thousand Eggs or More".  If anyone
 has an opinion, I would love to hear it.  I am interested in documentalble
 period recipes with translations I can experiment with on my own and with
 cooking guild.  >>

Take a Thousand Eggs or More, but be sure to get both volumes.  The second
volume is a veritable treasure trove for those who wish to do their own
experimenting.  Literally hundreds of unredacted recipes.  The first volume is
a great help when putting together feasts on the fly when you don't have weeks
to practice with a new recipe.  And there are a couple of dishes in Vol I that
bear closer scrutiny and a re-redacting.

Just my tuppence worth.

Walk in peace,
Wolfmother