SC - FAQ/Intro - LONG

WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com
Sat Oct 3 04:36:33 PDT 1998

Looks like a winner for an intro to the list.  Two things which jumped out at
me:

"to exchange and redact recipes":  Many beginning cooks have no clue what the
word "redact" means.  Our intro shouldn't send them running to a dictionary.
I would like to suggest using "translate/modernize" instead.  These terms
would be easily recognizable by anyone, even if they can't boil water.

Question #2:  A statement concerning the actual period covered by the SCA
would be helpful to those who are not members of the Society.  It would help
make sense of the "OOP", "peri-oid/medievalish", & "period" designations we
use most frequently.

Other than that, it looks pretty usable.

Walk in peace,
Wolfmother