SC - meat days and fast days - MIXED?

Stapleton, Jeanne jstaplet at mail.law.du.edu
Thu Oct 29 14:27:43 PST 1998

In a tiny voice:  "...and I said thank you for my adorable cornish
game hen."

Plus the stuffed animals and spaghetti...

*
Of course autocrats count, dear one!  (At least a little...)  I was
thinking more of the delegation of students that arrived in the kitchen
at
an event here a few years ago and took us to task because the quiche we
made for the vegetarians wasn't appropriate for vegan vegetarians.

Elaina
**
Berengaria again:  This approach begins to smack uncomfortably of
zealotry
(the students, not yours).  I daresay most people are not familiar with
the
nuances of vegetarianism/veganism/lacto-ovo/soy-free/dairy-free *nor
should
they be expected to be*.

This is one of the cases when you call the feastocrat to ask, "Is there
anything
being served that has no animal products in it whatsover, even the
cooking
sprays?".  I made some calls the other night for upcoming reservations,
and
everyone I asked courteously about the cruciferous vegetable presence
hastened
to mention the dishes by name that would bear those sprouts, and named
several
others that would not.  I made careful notes and will be keeping an eye
out
for the items I have identified that I will eat.

As per my earlier notes, the only thing that might trip me up is if
someone
decides it either "needs" somethign or isn't going to go far enougha nd
decides to extend it with cabbage; but since that chance is pretty slim,
think I'll be okay.

Berengaria