SC - Heading to the US

LHG, JRG liontamr at ptd.net
Fri Sep 4 09:19:41 PDT 1998

M'dears,

I like Ras a lot, but occaisionally his shots are a little wide off the
mark.

We do not live that far from each other. It's a matter of being seperated
by a couple of counties (maybe four :). My group holds almost exclusively
week-end events except in the poor winter weather (The Endless Mountains of
Pennsylvania in the winter is a dangerous but beautiful place to be).

So yes, though he's a dear it is fair to say that Ras does not travel much
in my direction (sob). When he does, he travels far away (NYC, Pennsic)! I
have seen far more of him at his events than I have seen him visiting me in
my kitchen in the Barony of Endless Hills. And we are neighbors.

But we all experience the SCA differently. Heck, In my experience it's a
place full of kids, food, and history. I know another guy who swears it's
the perfect place to practice alternate faiths, nudism, free love, and roll
playing games. We all manage to survive in the same group (sometimes it's a
little stressful, tho!). The constitution grants us all the right to
participate in a lawful manner. So if I see family activies over a weekend
and Ras sees day-only events, filled with beautiful ladies and good eats,
it's just a matter of perspective.

BTW Endless Hills and Abhainn ceach Ghlais are two places where you will
always fing "good eats", FYI.

Aoife--(the ex-seneschal in me showing it's ugly head again)