SC - Outdoor Feast in December (was: Please Help!!!)

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Fri Sep 4 08:36:26 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/4/98 5:02:52 AM US Mountain Standard Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

>  If there is a definite case history of lavender being harmful I think
>  it would be a good idea to know this and why it is so. As they say,
> inguiring
>  minds need to know. :-)

In the first case, I think it's probably more along the lines of "Well, out of
all the pregnant women I've given lavendar tea for headaches, three or four
have had miscarriages.  I think it may be wise to not give a strong dose of
lavendar if she tells you she's pregnant.  On the other hand it would probably
take an awful strong dose to bring on an abortion in an otherwise healthy
woman"
In the second case, this accumulated data is anecdotal, not scientific case
studies.  Folk wisdom, I suppose.  Howeve, just because it has not been
investigated and explained by the Scientific community does not mean it is
invalid.

Mordonna (yer local kitchen witch)