SC - Bulgy tomato cans

Wed Sep 2 16:12:44 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/2/98 5:29:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, margali at 99main.com
writes:

<< My mom will stew up an old chicken, ...<snip>.....cover and simmer til the
biscuits are done. >>

My gram taught me the same recipe except you use a spoon biscuit dough and
bake it uncovered in the oven (Chicken Pot pie) or use a dumpling batter and
procede as you described (called Chicken and Dumplings).....and I thought this
was a Pennsylvania Dutch thing....<sigh>

Ras