SC - day trips

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Sep 2 22:43:22 PDT 1998

Angeline,

I haven't hqd any trouble lately with my canned tomatoes, but I tend to
buy good brands-Contadino and Hunt's.  I've tried all the cheaper brands
to save money, but you don't get as much tomato--it's mostly watery
juice.  Possibly, the more expensive companies can afford better quality
control.

When I did my own canning, tomatoes went bad more often than anything
else.  We'd wake up in the night hearing pop!   pop!   pop!  as the
little beasties snapped their lids!  I remember, at about age 4, Mother's
tomato ketchup exploding all over the basement--onto some lace tablecoths
on stretchers, too.  I won't ever forget that sight!

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com