SC - OT: FW: The Daily Prayer: For the Children

Louise Sugar dragonfyr at tycho.com
Thu Sep 3 04:39:31 PDT 1998

WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com wrote:

> Brenna:
>
> Here's some info on lactose intolerance.  It's evolutionary.  "The only
> populations which eventually evolved to retain the activity of the lactase
> enzyme in adulthood were those who were constantly exposed to lactose through
> relentless consumption of dairy products--primarily Europeans of Scandinavian
> descent."  (Walk in peace,
> Wolfmother

Thank you, wolfmother.  But, in the original posts, we discussed that this is NOT
lactose intollerance.   I use the word for lack of a better one since some people
take exception to calling it an allergry.  The condition involves the
overproduction of mucous in the system to an extreme that continuous ENT problems
(often life-threatening problems) result.  The only way to "cure" the condition
is to remove the child from all milk products (no cheese, butter, you get the
idea).  Soy or rice milk substitutes work as an effective (and non-irritating)
alternitive.   Within a month of the removal of milk products, these children are
leading happy, healthy lives.  One of my friend's sons had been hospitalized over
and over, on antibiotics of one sort or another since he was an infant (he's
almost 2 now).  When Brandon was 18 months old, they tested him for a score of
medical problems including CF (all of which came back negative).  A homeopath
suggested taking him off of milk, and described him to a T.  So, his mother tried
it.  After 2 weeks on this regimen, he was rushed to the doctor with thick mucous
and pronounced to have an ear infection.  his mother started to cry because she
thought it wasn't working.  Much to her surprise, the doctor told her, "Oh, but
it is.  Brandon has never had an infection this light before.  It's not through
his whole system at once this time."  10 days on augmentin and it was gone.  I'm
happy to report that in the 6 months since, Brandon has had two colds that have
not required any therapy (drug or otherwise) and one ear infection.  Halleluia!
A normal child at last!

Brenna