SC - Mead

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Sep 7 05:20:09 PDT 1998

kat wrote:

> So the gist of what I have gleaned from this discussion is, amydoun is a wheat-based starch with similar properties to modern cornstarch, is used in the same way and produces similar results.
>
> So let's say I wanted to bring my perioid cooking a step closer to *period* cooking by obtaining some amydoun.  Can I actually purchase this somewhere under some name or other; or do I actually (gasp) have to make it myself?
>
> Always curious,
>
>         - kat
>
> --kat griffith, editor--

Hi, I have found that, at least here in Australia, many brands of
'cornflour' are in fact made of wheat.  So finding your wheat starch
might not be a problem at all.

It may of course be different in the US, after all wheat is our thing,
and corn is yours!

This is something I take very careful note of when I buy cornflour, as I
always cater to wheat intolerances.

Kiriel