SC - cheesemaking and salted butter

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 8 22:49:57 PDT 1998

Sianan gave a recipe for candied almonds:

>Get a whole load of blanched almonds.  Toast them slightly and let them cool.
>When they are cool, dip them in egg white and roll them in Raw sugar.  Then
>set then aside to dry.  The raw sugar and egg white makes and attractive
>and cruchy coating to the almonds.  Keep them in an airtight tin until
>ready to serve.

You are dipping these in raw egg whites right? Do you have to keep them
refrigerated after you do this? I thought raw eggs were a problem with
germs or molds or whatever. Or are you just supposed to east these before
they go bad?

Sounds like another good Yule food gift.

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net