SC - Thoughts on Food

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Sun Sep 13 18:06:43 PDT 1998

Lady Elisabeth asked:

>On another note, I do have to agree with Ras and Kat.  I may not
>necessarily eat said foods, being veggie, but I do enjoy learning about
>them, and I especially would at least taste a small amount for learning
>purposes.  My question posed is this: I would like to hear from the
>more experienced cuisiniers of this list, the oddities cooked and
>consumed thereof.

Depending upon what you consider unusual, you might be interested in these
files in the FOOD section of my Florilegium. Much of this information is
from messages off this list given in the past.

exotic-meats-msg  (33K)  8/ 4/98    Period and SCA exotic meats. Swans,
ostrich,
                                       eels, peacocks, crawfish, dormice, snails
eels-msg          (20K) 11/18/97    Eel dishes. Getting and cleaning eels.
food-sources-msg  (28K)  8/21/98    Modern sources for unusual medieval meats
                                       and other foods.
haggis-msg        (53K)  6/24/98    Scottish haggis recipes. comments on haggis.
organ-meats-msg   (27K)  8/26/98    Period cooking of organ meats.
rabbit-dishes-msg (35K)  8/26/98    Period rabbit and hare recipes.

As I feel comments on personal experiences are often as useful as just recipe
renditions, you will find these scattered throughout my files.

My files are available at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Hope you find these good reading.

Lord Stefan li Rous
Ansteorra