SC - sausage info

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Sun Sep 13 23:50:21 PDT 1998

Hannah Thomas wrote:

> Does anyone have any good recipes for apples?  There are a thousand on
> our trees, and I can only make so much apple sauce!  These appear to be
> baking apples (they don't taste that good when you eat them plain).

Try this:

Apple Mousse:

'A Prpoer Newe Book of Cokerye'

To make Apple Moyse:  Take a dozen apples and ether roaste or boyle them
and drawe them thorowe a streyner, and the yolkes of three or foure egges
withal, and, as ye stryne them, temper them wyth three or foure sponefull
of damaske water yf ye wyll, than take and season it wyth suger and halfe a
dysche of swete butter, and boyle them upon a chaffyngdysche in a platter,
and caste byskettes or synamon and gynger upon them and so serve them forth.

My Redaction:

700g apples
45ml water
2 egg yolks
30ml rosewater
2 Tbs sugar
25g butter
ground ginger and cinnamon to finish

Peel, core and slice the apples, and stew them with the water until soft in
a heavy, covered saucepan.  Make the apples into a smooth puree by pressing
it through a sieve or using a blender.  Return the puree to the saucepan,
stir in the egg yolk beaten with the rosewater, then the sugar and the
butter and slowly heat to boiling piont stirring continuously.  Pour the
puree into a dish and allow to cool.  To finish, sprinkle with a little
ground ginger and cinnamon.

Hope this helps

- -Sianan

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

        Logic is a systematic way of arriving at the wrong conclusion in
	confidence.