SC - Diet - was (More boring pig facts-OT-OOP)

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Wed Sep 16 05:28:26 PDT 1998

> But then how do you manage to get 2 rashers per person? Or three if
> you're me. Our bacon is maybe half a centimetre thick.  You can also buy
> speck, which is great and is like a great lump of bacon which has not
> been sliced up, you just slice it yourself as you need it; it tends to
> be more strongly cured in flavour than normal bacon and lasts much
> better too.
>
> Kiriel

Most US bacon is pre-packaged and pre-sliced, ranging anywhere from looking
like shaved ham to that half centimeter thick.  For really good bacon,
ground meat, and sausages, I buy through one of the two corner groceries
left in this town (Norman, OK) of 80,000+ people.  The meat is great (on
premise butchering), but the price is premium.  Otherwise, I'm stuck with
the plastic pack bacon that resides in millions of US homes.

Bear