SC - To The List Administrator

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 10:43:04 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/16/98 5:09:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kiriel at cybergal.com writes:

<< Once more regional variation blows me away. Here lamb is a cheap cheap
 meat.  You can still buy a side of lamb for $2 a kilo. I cannot imagine
 not having eaten lamb before.  Lamb chops and beef mince were the two
 major meats of my childhood (I come from a pretty poor background)

 Kiriel >>

Here lamb is usually pretty expensive and is imported from New Zealand for the
most part although local lamb in the form of shoulder chops is sometime
available for less than 2 dollars a pound. I suspect that by 'beef mince' you
mean hamburger (e.g. ground beef). If you do , we have something in common
because that is one of the staple meats in the States , along with chicken for
most families. :-)

Regarding Phlip's mention of lamb. Her and I went together and bought a lamb
which we had slaughtered and butched right before we left for war. Believe me
when i tell you that after a week of lamb, we welcomed anyone who would have
stopped by and shared it with us. :-)

We had a fully stocked cook's tent at Pennsic and every meal was an open meal
for all who happened to drop by. Stefan was the only one from the list who
took us up on the offer and we had the intense pleasure of dining with him on
a couple of occasions.

I plan on doing the same so far as the Cook's tent at Pennsic next year but am
thinking of goat or another type of meat for the fresh meat part of the week.
So if you're there drop by at any mealtime and we'll share food and stories.
;-)

Ras