SC - Gunthar and Pennsic

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 10:47:51 PDT 1998

Berengaria asks:

Is anybody else on the list besides me a sodium chloridaholic?

I'm not, but my ex was, and so have been others I've dated. I used to eat
far more salt than I do now, but I wound up cooking for people who had to
stay away from it for various medical reasons, so I learned to cook a low
salt, low fat, and low sugar diet. It took a little learning, and getting
used to, but I like my food better now than before. Yes, many things I used
to enjoy are way too salty now.

I worked out a deal with my ex. I'd always have salt on the table, along
with pseudo psalt- made it easy to use a standard set of shakers with S and
P on them, since I grind my own pepper at the table. What he didn't know
was that both shakers contained a 50/50 combination of salt and pseudo
psalt, so when he went for the salt, he was getting less of that and when
he was being virtuous (he was trying to watch his health) he was getting
rewarded with the salt he craved ;-) He never did catch on, but I noticed
that he was using considerably less salt as time went on, and he got used
to the flavorings that I added in the food.

Phlip

Phlip at bright.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,