Wedding cookbook (was Re: SC - Bread Baking Weather)

The Cheshire Cat sianan at geocities.com
Thu Sep 17 20:38:17 PDT 1998

>> Ditto for me!!!  I'd like a recipe for the Wedding in November I'm doing.
>> Help a poor cook in with not enough time to go chasing for recipes and too
>> many trial runs.
>> -Sianan
>>

>You too?  There are too many of us doing this!  GRIN
>
>Brenna

 Oh for sure.  Tis the year of the Wedding here, I have had several
weddings in the past three months that I have spent time in the kitchen
for.  Damn all the SCA people who want period weddings.  I generally don't
approve of them, but they are great to get experience on I think.  Other
than that, organising a period wedding is a huge strain on some people of
the Barony, Me since I'm usually in charge of the kitchen, someone else for
the organisation in general and several others with the garb making
involved.  However the occasion does create a few interesting Bake, Stich
and Bitch sessions.  Me in the kitchen along with a couple of others baking
and generally trial running everything, and everyone else in the dining
room/lounge stitching, bitching and eating the fruits of the kitchen
peoples labour. A wedding is a merry, but stressful time.

I remember a mundane wedding I went to a couple of months ago in the
capacity of Matron of Honour.  I was sent to the dressmakers on the day to
pick up the all important wedding dress, got there and found that it was
still being hemmed. Hopped onto the phone "Yeah, I'm at the dressmakers...
I got good news and bad news.  The good news is, the dress is here and I'm
looking at it as I speak....The bad news is, it's not finished...." turn
away from the phone and bellow "Stitch, woman. STITCH!!!!" to the
frightened dressmaker.  The dress was finished just a couple of hours
before she walked down the aisle.  That was close.

Just my off topic wedding reminisces
- -Sianan

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

        Logic is a systematic way of arriving at the wrong conclusion in
	confidence.