OTOOP...Re: SC - cups

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Sep 18 06:00:19 PDT 1998

Ron and Lori wrote:

> [...]

Think of it in terms of a spoonable food, as opposed to a lechemeat which can
be sliced and eaten with the knife or one's fingers. In this case this is a
pottage of leeks (which could be a simply porrey of leeks boiled in water,
with maybe some ham) cooked and sauced with a white sauce traditionally eaten
over leeks (y'know, like shrimp with lobster sauce, which contains no lobster
but which is sometimes served over lobster?). What we have here is a bowl of
veggies cooked moderately soft, to facilitate being eaten with a spoon,
covered with a soupy sauce, based, if I remember correctly, on almond milk. It
could be cabbage or possibly sprouts, or any of a number of vegetables, but in
this case the pottage made with leek sauce also contains leeks.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com