OTOOP...Re: SC - cups

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Sep 19 06:31:33 PDT 1998

Gunther and I wrote:

>> Could you e-mail me privately, O Glorious Baron-ic Knight??

>I could email this privately but I'm sure you'll get a lot of "Hey! No
>fair! You told HIM how to do it!" messages and I wouldn't want to do
>that to you.

Well... Actually, if the vigil had been, say, two-three weeks from now
I was going to volunteer to make one for you if you'd send me his arms.
:-)  The plates ship okay... I sent 12 out to the SCA 25th Anniversary
a few years ago and they arrived okay.  For hints and some
instructions, check out my letters to Stefan which he has posted in his
Florilegium.  If it is next week, you should make the plate _now_, if
you want to do one.  It will take 3-4 days (or more) to dry, depending
on how thick or thinly you roll the paste.  I just found a reference to
square plates (round) approx. 12-14 cm.  I usually make my square
plates 5" but it wouldn't be too difficult to make something larger, if
desired.

The painting can be done with regular illuminator's colors, or cake
decorating paste colors with a dab of water.  If you make the plate,
and your Lady wants to use paste colors, check the Florilegium or post
me and I'll give some hints.

Anyone else want to dabble with sugar paste??  We need more in the
world!

Alys Katharine