Syllabub - was: SC - Lebkuchen recipie

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Sep 19 20:25:29 PDT 1998

<< Now, in pre-reading the recipe it states that I include the yeast right in
 with the flour, sugar, salt in a large bowl????? Add milk, butter and egg,
 knead and place in a greased bowl.  >>

I've baked bread for years, and you may rest assured, if you follow the recipe
as it is written, it will be fine.  Dissolving yeast in warm water or milk
mixed with sugar (or "proofing" as it is called) is not necessary.  Just be
sure the milk you use is heated till warm and double check your foil packet of
yeast to be sure it is not "expired".  On some things that date is useless,
but on yeast it is dead serious!  A day later and your recipe will indoubtedly
be flat.  Happy baking!

Lady Madeleine de la Chatte Enfumee