SC - Pickled Mushrooms - Long

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sat Sep 19 22:58:23 PDT 1998

At 10:36 AM -0400 9/19/98, Phil & Susan Troy wrote:

>Also, it's possible that the particular recipe you saw might have been for
>Guinea fowl. From looking at the recipe it could be hard or impossible to
>tell.

I discussed this question years ago with Marion of Edwinstowe, who had
looked into the matter. As best I recall, she said there was very solid
evidence for the consumption of turkeys in England in the 16th century. I
think it may have included a sculpture or two, which solves the
turkey/Guinea fowl problem. She thought they had gone into use quite
quickly.

If you want to check with her, I'm pretty sure she is online, but don't
have the address ready to hand. Her phone nbr is 617 BUTTERY.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/