Help!!!!!: SC - Delivery Problem Notification.

The Cheshire Cat sianan at geocities.com
Sat Sep 19 23:56:49 PDT 1998

At 3:10 PM -0400 9/19/98, Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

>Okay, I'm ignorant.  What was syllabub before it was cream and sugar with
>flavorings?

In Digbie, it is a dish made with cream and wine and allowed to stand until
it separates into a clear and an opaque layer (works, too).

Responding to another post, she says:

"Like I said, cream, sugar, and "flavoring."  Letting it sit over night just
allows the cream to rise, sorta like a favorite bar drink called a "Blow
....." errrr something."

But it isn't just rising. What you end up with doesn't have the texture of
a layer of cream on top of a layer of wine. And in any case, a dish with
solid white stuff on top of clear stuff is very different from a dish of
sweetened, flavored whipped cream.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/