SC - Thoughts on Food - Aussie Tucker- OOP

Lillian Johnston LillianJ at bethlehem.org.au
Sun Sep 20 16:58:02 PDT 1998

	Greetings Stefan Ii Rous!
	I usually have it smoked (Mesquite is not period but tastes just fine) and
salted by the packer.  They have the equipment and facilities to do it, I
just order it lightly salted rather than the usually massive salt cure that
is used by US pork meat packers. (I know not all cuts are salted and those
usually are treated as is custom - no salt added )  Hope this clears things
a bit.  If you get a chance you should try a good thick slice back bacon,
its a treat!  Mostly meat nice 'n lean!
	Balldrich