SC - oh-oh...Totally OOP

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Sun Sep 20 18:15:50 PDT 1998

My lord Kilian and I had a semi Sca wedding with just enough flavor to
satisfy us and still take care of our guests.  I had my dress made by
this wonderful place where we could take a picture in of what we wanted
and buy the material from them and they made it in my size with my
requested changes to the picture.  They also made Killians shirt out of
the same fabric.  Then we made the rest of his outfit except for the
leather vest, which we purchased from an Sca merchant.  Our attendants
were SCA folk, or we supplied garb.  My parents chose to have garb made.
Killians mother chose to wear mundane clothing.  We served mostly
mundane foods for the modern tastes, but there were 3 meats and enough
food to feed armies of people.  We got married at a  cabin in a park ,
and we had everything from dressy short outfits to full Elizbethan with
a ruff (you should see the pictures).  Everyone still talks about it  6
years later.  To me, the most important thing would seem to be that you
remember that your going to be married afterward for a lifetime.  We've
had a few medieval wedding in our group which didnt  make lasting
marriages .  Its not a good way to get to be autocrat of your own event/

Tamar (a new subscriber to this list)