SC - German anyone?

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Sep 21 21:58:48 PDT 1998

Well

My wedding is coming up early next year (that is, if I don't decide to
trade Chris in on a newer model).

My decision has been that I will have two completely separate wedding
celebrations.

The first is a feast for a limited number, at Rowany Festival.  Places
will be limited to 350, and the feast will be partly professionally
catered. I am going to get professional spit-roast people in to do the
meat.  The rest will be catered by some of the generous people of
Politarchopolis, making pies, salads desserts etc.  It is going to be
advertised as a specifically non-sca event, as Chris and I will be
covering it financially ourselves. We have decided, to our regret, that
we must charge for the event, and it looks like we will be able to run
it for $15 (AUD) per head; this includes the costs of hiring an extra
marquee and tables and chairs, and will hopefully include the cost of
supplying some drinks as well.

then we will have a purely mundane wedding with our family and non-sca
friends - very small and quiet.  I agree that getting your rels to have
to put on 'funny clothes' does not help them to really celebrate with
you comfortably.

Just my 4c worth (4c because that is only about 2c to most of you once
the exchange rate is taken into account!)

Kiriel