SC - Cookbooks

THLRenata@aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Thu Sep 24 08:18:24 PDT 1998

><snip>

Sorry, forgot to mention this is from "Goud Kokery" (14th c.) in "Curye on
Inglysch".

>By this time we have a pretty stiff, taffy-like goo. Not something we can
>easily pour into molds or on a slab. What do we do? We put it back on the
>fire. <snip>>
>Adamantius
>Østgardr, East
>--
>Phil & Susan Troy
>
>troy at asan.com

Thank you for clarifying this.  I'm no candy-maker, either.

Now, if I'm understanding correctly, once I pour the mixture onto the
rice-floured slab, the mixture should solidify and become brittle like a
plate & not remain soft like a taffy. Is that correct?  Will the rice flour
brush off once the plate has cooled, or will it be stuck on?
We have the option of decorating the plate with flower petals.   It says to
"put [th]em in whan [th]e suger comes first fro [th]e fyre"  Won't the heat
damage the petals?

Cindy/Sincgiefu
renfrow at skylands.net