SC - Greetings

Marian DeBorah Rosenberg Marian.DeBorah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Fri Sep 25 08:33:15 PDT 1998

- --- You wrote:
Greetings, salutations, and welcome to the list,
As far as dorm living without kitchen, been there, done that.  I spent 22 years
in
the military, mostly the barracks do not have kitchens.  Unless otherwise
directed
(meaning you can't have/use one), my suggestion is to get a 2 burner electric
hot
plate.  Not quite a stove with oven, but it works in a minimal way.  Then,
experiment, have fun and enjoy (hopefully) the rusult.

- ---
Sadly, I have been otherwise directed.

I'm hoping to do some cooking over in the Lit House.  Unfortunately, the
microwave and all of the good cookware disappeared last semester.  They are
planning on getting a new microwave.  No current plans about cookware, and
considering that it has walked once, I'm not sure I want to pay the cost of
getting good cast-iron frying pans and pots and risk them walking as well
(because I'm certainly not going to carry it back and forth from the dorm.)