SC - Russian Foods

Jennifer D. Miller (Yana) jdmiller2 at students.wisc.edu
Sat Sep 26 20:58:05 PDT 1998

Marian,

>>I'm in the canton of Spiaggia Levantina in Atlantia.

But, as of right now, I am 85 miles from their regular meeting place.
(And 90 miles from the alternative)<<

How close is that to Pittsburgh, PA, and do you have transportation?  We
can always use help, of whatever level, in the Debatable Lands kitchens,
and I would LOVE to have cooking buddies at home!  Even a week-end guest.
 It's great fun when people come over to work on recipes or feast prep,
or just go through the books and research.

 If you are allowed to cook in your dorm room, Waji's idea of a 2 burner
hot plate is a good one.  I found one for around $25 at Walmart's a year
or so ago.  During a 3 month stay in a hotel room, I used a cooler and
the hotel ice machine for a frig and a $2.00 sandwich grill/waffle iron,
from a garage sale, for hot food.  It's surprising what you can do.  Buy
a crock pot and practice on pottages (soup/stew sorts of recipies).  Even
if you can't cook, you have a university library there, with Interlibrary
loan, and you can do the reading and become familiar with a lot of the
works.

When you go to events, stop in at the kitchen and volunteer.

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com