SC - Fried/fricaseed chicken and Platina- semi OOP

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Thu Sep 3 23:17:50 PDT 1998

>>	Just for terminology's sake, the method you describe here would
be called "braising" = roasting with liquid.
	Still a fricasee, but the method could also be used for any piece
of roasted meat.
	Christianna<<

We called it 'fricasee' if the meat was floured first, 'braised' without
the flour coating.  i.e., brown the bare meat before adding the liquid.

Probably, we called it 'chicken fricasee' because that's what Berneice
called it.  We did chicken pot pie up north--with the bot bie noodles, as
Aiofe says, in Dad's family, and in a casserole in gravy with vegetables
and a thick pie crust in Mother's family.  I'd still like to duplicate
the 'secret' method I wasn't taught, to keep the bottom crust from
turning into library paste.  With what I've learned of cooking since
those days, I could probably figure it out if I put my mind to it...

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com