SC - candies almonds

needlwitch@msn.com needlewitch at email.msn.com
Wed Sep 9 21:50:11 PDT 1998

I just thought of another way you could maybe do them. Dip the toasted
Almonds in a warmed Simple Syrup (1 part sugar, 1 part water: mix and heat
until disolved). Then let them cool and dry on a rack. This is how I do
citrus peels, and you would think the same technique could be used here.
This way, you avoid having any fears about the egg whites completely. I am
not sure how period this is, but it might be worth a whirl.  IMHO, of
course.

Thorbjorn the Cook

Just because you wander,
doesn't mean you're lost.