SC - Brass pipes (silly) and Samphire

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Thu Sep 10 18:41:28 PDT 1998

>I know, better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool, right?  How
do you blow into
>the tube without burning your lips (metals being great conductors of
heat and all)?
>I'm just wondering as this sounds like something I would love to
reproduce, BUT not if
>I'm going to get a candy burn in the process.
>
>Brenna

Brass being a good conductor of heat also means that it can get rid of
it quickly and thus it could be red hot up one end and cool to the
touch down the other end.  Just don't suck up the hot air or touch
your lips to the hot end of the pipe, that might hurt just a bit ...

Drake Morgan (who's having a slow day at work today.....)

ps.  Anyone know where I can get Samphire (Crinthium maritinum) seeds
from.  I'd love to do the pickled Purslane and the picked Samphire
recipes from Elinor Fettiplace...