SC - OOP(?)Candy Bubbles

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Thu Sep 10 22:00:51 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/10/98 9:13:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, sunnie at exis.net
writes:

<<
 I know, better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool, right?  How do you
blow into
 the tube without burning your lips (metals being great conductors of heat and
all)?
 I'm just wondering as this sounds like something I would love to reproduce,
BUT not if
 I'm going to get a candy burn in the process.

 Brenna >>
	(G) Actually, I thought of that at first, but really, the heat won't travel
*that* far in levels that will burn you. I do some silversmithing, etc., and
it's amazing that you *can* handle the metal a lot closer to the flame point
than you might expect sometimes. And, while the sugar syrup is quite hot
enough to burn you badly, it is not, in absolute terms all that warm. A foot
or two of pipe easily should be safe to use, especially since it won't be in
contact with the syrup for but a few seconds while gathering a blob to blow.
Of course, as Adamatius and others mentioned, another material would be
better, but for an easy-to-find material to experiment with, a metal pipe
should do.

			Ldy Diana