SC - Phlip's failed attempts at posting Gravlax

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Tue Sep 15 16:32:04 PDT 1998

At 23:05 14-9-98 -0400, Phlip wrote:
>I was trying to do that, but this worthless #$%^%$#% Windows 95 won't
>cooperate.
>My apologies to the List for any inconvenience I've caused you. Don't kill
>me, kill Bill Gates!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gladly.  The more I work with Windows, the more I hate Windows....

My first computer was a C64, which came with a programme called GEOS.  When
people started talking about Windows, by which time I had moved on to a
286, I asked what it was, and the answer was that it was "sort of like GEOS
for IBMs."  The only thing I could think to say was "Why?"

Alasdair mac Iain
(with apologies for another post which has nothing to do with cooking -
though the reason I finally put Windows onto my 486 was because I'd bought
a cookbook programme which required it....)

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie, Barony Beyond the Mountain
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and in chief two
mullets sable