SC - Lamb

Wed Sep 16 04:27:04 PDT 1998

> Once more regional variation blows me away. Here lamb is a cheap cheap
> meat.  You can still buy a side of lamb for $2 a kilo. I cannot imagine
> not having eaten lamb before.  Lamb chops and beef mince were the two
> major meats of my childhood (I come from a pretty poor background)
>
> Kiriel

Hmmm.  Locally lamb is about $3.49 per pound (448 g.) for leg roasts.
Higher for chops and steaks.  Even shanks run about $1.80.  And you get to
add the fact that one US dollar is somewhere between 1.5 and 1.7 Australian
dollars.  From what I have seen lamb commands even higher prices elsewhere
in the US.

Bear