SC - A question of Custard

Kiriel & Chris kiriel at cybergal.com
Fri Sep 18 02:23:24 PDT 1998

- ----------
> > From: Diamond <nordgate at worldnet.att.net>
> > To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
> > Subject: SC - A question of Custard
> > Date: Thursday, September 17, 1998 3:19 PM
> >
> > Greetings all,
> > I have a question about custard pies.
> > How well do they keep?
> > How far in advance can I cook them ?
> > Thanks,
> > Arabella

Dear Arabella

I find it depends alot on the custard.  Certainly modern custards seem
to be reasonably delicate.  However, Mistress Ysabeau makes a really
scrumptuous period custard tart-type thing, which seems to keep for
absolute ages in the fridge.  She cooked some for a feast I ran, and I
forgot to take one container of them.  They were in the fridge outside,
so I forgot about them till about a fortnight later and there they were,
as good as new. So sad, I had to eat them all.  : )

I shall see if she can tell me what recipe she uses, and let you know.

Kiriel