SC - Paste en Pot de Mouton

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Sep 24 10:40:19 PDT 1998

> If I remember correctly, Phlip asked recently for the Paste en Pot recipe. I
> just noticed I have it as an article in the FOOD section of my Florilegium
> (after looking in several other message files such as lamb-mutton-msg when
> I first saw the request)
>
> minced-meat-art   (11K)  2/13/98    "Paste en Pot de Mouton" by Anne-Marie
>                                        Rousseau. Period minced meat and onions.
> Stefan li Rous

Funny that should be mentioned. I love this dish and served it for my "Rogues and
Rapiers" feast. I'm also serving it on the Buffet this weekend since venison is
not to be found in Dallas this time of year.

Speaking of which, here's the almost final draft of the Laurel's Vigil Buffet Ly.
Alys and I are doing this weekend:

PastA en Pot de Mouton
Pate' de Fois Gras
"Pear" puddings
"Strawberry" meatballs
Orange Marmalade in Candied Orange Peels on french bread
Cold Chicken Salat
Sweet Chicken Pate'
Marinated Mushrooms
Pickled Vegetables (non-period recipe)
Pear tarts
Turkish Delight (Robin's a major C.S. Lewis fan)
Fruits and Cheeses
Sippits for all the spreadable snacks.
French Biskit

I think that's all. I'll let y'all in on the final outcome next week.
I do have Anne-Marie to thank for all of her help in my planning and recipe assistance.

Yers,

Gunthar