SC - OOP-Wierd Food

Diana Skaggs upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Sep 14 08:29:38 PDT 1998

     IMO, a food that is unusual to one person, may be common to another.  I
     grew up eating rabbit, squirrel, venison, quail, dove, turtle, beef heart,
     beef, pork & calf liver and various types of fish (including 2 ways of
     preparing carp).  Since I moved from IL to OK, I have tried sweetbreads,
     mountain oysters, moose, elk, lamb and mutton.  No snakes!  No insects! I
     don't care if it "tastes like chicken!"

     My husband swears that "cubed shark liver rolled in brown sugar and dried
     in the sun" tastes just like chewy Kraft caramels.  He ate this at a real
     Hawaiian Luau while stationed at Pearl in the early 70's.  Leanna of
     Sparrowhaven