SC - Diet -

TANTRALYA at aol.com TANTRALYA at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 08:08:44 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/16/98 3:08:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
needlewitch at email.msn.com writes:

<< >I have found out that if they are just selling books, and not a "diet
 program"
 >or "diet foods" anybody can print anything that is not downright libelous
 and
 >it is allowed.  So just because you read it don't make it so.  Talk to your
 MD
 >before starting on any diet.
 >
 >Mordonna

I would like to add my 2 cents here. I, too, was on Atkin's diet.  It works
wonderfully well, and is not dangerous (as per my doctor).  IF...and this is a
big if.....you follow the diet under the care of said doctor.  Most doctors
are afraid of working with this type of diet.  Try to talk to a much younger
doctor, or write to the Atkin's Institute (address is in the book).  There are
vitamin formulas to use, and when you have reached a satisfactory weight, you
are no longer kept in ketosis.  My doctor's recommendation was to 'break'
ketosis every two months for a week.  Not bingeing, but to add a bit more of
the starches for a week, then go back on the regimen.  It does work, and I
shall return to the diet when I have a job again.  The only problem is that it
is protein intensive and it gets expensive.

Diana