SC - Recipes for "Teisen Lap"

snowfire@mail.snet.net snowfire at mail.snet.net
Sat Apr 3 11:04:50 PST 1999

Ras commented:
> << How edible is gold and silver?  Wouldn't it make one sick?
>
>  Elysant >>
>
> Pure gold and silver are completely edible and are in fact good for you. These
> metals are digested and used by the body. They are not poisonous. Stefan may
> have something in his files about this topic as we covered it extensively
> several months back.

Yes, I have a fairly large amount of info on using gold and silver foils in
this file in the FOOD-SWEETS section of my Florilegium:

sotelties-msg    (169K)  1/ 8/99    Sotelties and Warners - decorated food.

There are a number of messages describing how to apply the foil and some
ideas on how it can be used to good effect as well as what not to do. There
are some general suggestions on where you might buy it as well as at least
two specific mail order sources. One is an SCA merchant. There are also a
number of messages addressing the questions of the toxisity of gold and
silver foils.

I think some of this may be from the last time this was discussed here, but
I know I have messages on this topic going back several years from the Rialto
as well as here.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: