SC - Spices For Sale?

lilinah@grin.net lilinah at grin.net
Sat Apr 10 18:38:32 PDT 1999

Helen commented:

> Maybe that is it.  Scaling up works with somethings like herbs and not others
> like black pepper.  I never thought of it like that.  But I have never cooked for
> 400.....

One caution. Are you sure you will be cooking for 400? I found out at our
medieval wedding that only some of the guests stayed for the dinner. Many folks
left after the wedding ceremony or in the early part of the reception portion.
Also, not everyone is going to eat all the different dishes.

Perhaps your 400 figure is already trimmed down from something larger or
you have a captive audience such as at an SCA event. Also is 400 the expected
number of guests or the number of invitations you are sending out?

I'm afraid if you aren't careful, you may be eating these particular foods
for a while.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: