SC - Piggly Wiggly

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Sun Apr 11 07:19:13 PDT 1999

The guests are all renting costumes and everything and
>family is driving
>for hours.  The only ones that will cut out after the first course are
>folks I did not
>know (read dad's friends)  and many of them are really really excited
>by this!
>
>Thanks,
>Helen

If it is anything like my Medieval Wedding, not only will the mundane
guests stay, they will talk about it for the rest of their lives.   We
put out invitations and requested "Period style dress or formal attire" ,
and we got everything from business suits and cocktail dresses, formals,
tuxedoes, the 1200+ years of costuming the SCA covers, and one gentleman
in a lovely Civil War era suit, he said it was the only "Period style"
outfit he had!  (Well, we didn't specify which period!)  I figured my
Dad's friends would leave after the ceremony, but no, they were there for
the curiosity of it, and stayed because they were so impressed with the
way we did things, and the way we all pulled together and threw a great
event, er, I mean, wedding.
Good Luck, and remember, this is YOUR DAY, do things because you want to,
not because you think Aunt Mary wouldn't like it that way.   (If you
don't have an Aunt Mary, I could lend you mine, she would be GLAD to tell
you why you are doing it all wrong!)
	Mistress Christianna MacGrain